Sunday, July 7, 2013

Buzzer Beater!

Posted by Unknown at 12:10 AM
Haha! I feel triumphant!

Last Thursday, July 4, our class was assigned to cover Marcelo H. del Pilar's 117th Death Commemoration at his shrine and museum in Bulakan-Bulacan. The program was surprisingly interesting, especially with Professor Chua (from the History Department of De La Salle University-Manila) hilarious yet informative discussions. There was even a time when I got teary-eyed as he retold del Pliar's life story, especially the part where his daughter, Anita, said the line: "Lagi na lang bang para sa bayan?"

Gaaah! That was so touching! I guess I'm really a writer because when Professor Chua mentioned that Anita (del Pilar's daughter to his wife) was forced to marry her husband, Vicente. But their children (Anita and Vicente's) later on said that their mother really loved their father. Anita got hysterical when she found out that Vicente was going to fight for our country's freedom. That was when she said the line I mentioned above. I just found it romantic. Anita was afraid to lose her husband the way she lost her father. Yeah, I know. I'm such a hopeless romantic. But seriously, the life story of the del Pilars is very touching.

I wanted to talk about my favorite hero, Andres Bonifacio because I fell in love with him more after what Professor Chua shared during the discussion, but that deserves another post. <3

Anyway, we were asked by our instructor to make a 12-paragraphed long news article about the event. The deadline was today, 3pm. I started writing the article at 2pm. Gaaah! I know! Procrastination at its finest! I though I wasn't going to make it. It was already quarter to 3 but I was still at the eight paragraph. I almost slammed my fingers on the keyboard. Hehe!

But I finished it and sent the article at my prof's email at 2:50! Voila!

So it wasn't really a buzzer beater. I just feel like saying it. LOL.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Luna Banana Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei | web hosting